Are you seeing a red error message Problem retrieving video when you click "Start Consult"?
It could be one of these three things:
1. Camera is busy in another app
- If you or the external user were using another third-party app such as Google Hangouts, Skype, Zoom, or GoToMeeting, your camera may be tied up.
- Close all third-party apps then refresh your browser.
2. Camera is not connected to your browser
- Sometimes when using an external camera through USB or BlueTooth you have to manually set your browser to this camera.
- There are different ways to solve this issue based on which browser you or the external user is using:
1. Go to chrome://settings/content/camera in your browser
2. Select the external camera in the dropdown menu
3. Reload the page
- Click the "Safari" menu, select "Preferences".
- Select the "Websites" tab.
- Click on "Notifications".
- You can choose to either "Allow" or "Deny" alerts by the website, click "Allow".
- Click the "Firefox" menu, select "Preferences".
- Click on "Privacy & Security".
- Scroll down to "Permissions"
- Select "Settings..." on "Camera"
- Enter the website URL in the Search field for the site that you want to access your camera.
- Press "Enter"
3. Video ports are blocked
- Your company, WiFi, or VPN may be blocking our video ports.
- This happens with amplified security protocols. Your IT staff will need to enable and whitelist our video ports.
- Contact us for information on how to whitelist our video ports.